Testing check_relay ruleset
To test DNS blacklists (DNSBLs) or the sendmail access database (i.e. with a Left-Hand Side key starting with Connect:) using the check_relay ruleset, use the following procedure.
1. Add the following to sendmail.mc.
2. Build and install sendmail.cf.
R$* $$| $* $: $1 $| $2 fake for -bt mode, remove for real version
3. Start sendmail in address test mode.
# sendmail -bt
4. Define the client_addr macro with the IP address to test.
5. Test the IP address with the check_relay ruleset.
> Start,check_relay $| IP_address_to_test
> Start,check_relay $| 18.104.22.168
returns: $# error $@ 5 . 7 . 1 $: "550 Rejected " 64 . 148 . 216 . 214
" listed in Spamhaus blacklist. Please see
http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=" 64 . 148 . 216 . 214 "
Debugging check_* in sendmail 8.8/8.9 and later
Back to brandonhutchinson.com.
Last modified: 02/06/2006